Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Stormy Weather

A day-long rain fell today. It was wonderful! Now it is calm, quiet, greener than green, and very wet.

Today I received an email about the T'ai Chi Chih Teachers' Conference scheduled for August 12-15 in Nebraska. I'm excited about attending this year. It has been at least nine years since I went to a conference in St. Paul, MN and that seems (it was!) so long ago.

Conference participants are asked to bring a favorite quote about gratitude since that is the theme of the conference. These quotes will be shared throughout the gathering. That assignment alone is enough to add to my excitement as I'm curious to see what quotes people--myself included--choose to bring.

Here's one possibility from Grooks by Piet Hein (1966):
Grook to Stimulate Gratitude

As things so
     very often are
intelligence
     won't get you far.

So be glad
     you've got more sense
than you've got
     intelligence.
Today's late afternoon practice followed the ending of our rainstorm. The earth, trees, and windows were drenched with wetness. I looked out the rain-spotted window at a dusky grey sky and moved slowly through the heavy humidity. As I've noticed before when it rains, the energy felt potent in the palms of my hands. Now I'm happily filled with energy....

No comments: