Monday, October 1, 2012

Carrying On

Sunday, September 30, 2012:

Frances convinced me to take a fall leaf viewing trip this afternoon. We drove up to Cornucopia, walked on the beach and visited their community library and grocery/hardware store. Next we drove slowly down the center of the peninsula absorbing all the reds, yellows, golds, and tangerines that we could contain. What a beautiful sight!

We spontaneously stopped at the Jerry Jolly Trail for a hike with Namaste, then headed home. It was a pleasant, low-key day and I basked in the opportunity to escape the house and my sick bed.

Back home again I did a short TCC practice and quickly returned to bed. I'm still recovering and I want to be as healthy as possible for work tomorrow afternoon.

Monday, October 1, 2012:

My throat is still sore, but my energy is higher (and happier). This morning I did a full TCC practice outdoors in one soft spot of sunlight. It was one-derful!

Even though I could hear a light breeze circulating through the trees in the forest my tiny practice spot felt quiet and comfortable. During practice I looked behind me and saw all of my white animal companions spread out in a haphazard pattern. Chiripa was hunting, Lucy was grazing, and Namaste was lying on the ground, an alpha dog surveying his terrain.

I'm still moving slowly around the house and my chores but I am moving. And, I believe, TCC practice has helped me to carry on.

No comments: