Saturday, September 29, 2012

Silence is Golden

Tuesday, September 24 thru Saturday, September 29, 2012:

I was busy at work early this week and, now sick, I'm occupied with my recovery. Despite the busyness I got in my daily T'ai Chi Chih practices, at least in part.

Tuesday morning my boss called and asked me to cover her shift at work (in addition to my own) since she was severely ill. A full eight and a half hour day working by myself with no breaks was exhausting. I went straight to bed when I arrived home with a short ten minute TCC practice to send me into dreamland.

Again, Wednesday I filled in at the library before heading off to teach two back-to-back T'ai Chi Chih classes in the evening. After a long, super busy day at the library followed by over two hours of TCC practice and teaching, I was tired.

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (I'm sorry to say) were recovery days. I'm trying to elude a sore throat and cold without much success. Thursday and Friday I slept and slept and slept, but still took time for a daily dose of T'ai Chi Chih.

Today I added a cleansing qigong session to my TCC practice in the hope that the activated Chi energy will aid in my recovery. The weather this week is absolutely lovely and perfect for spending time outside enjoying the colorful leaves. Even though I've spent much of my time in bed, the woods is a fall paradise and both the leaves and the silence are golden.

No comments: