Friday, December 25, 2009

Peace and good will to all ...

Christmas Day 2009 is quiet here on the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. During my 7:15 am practice two cars passed beneath my window, one woman walked her dog, and a small group of seagulls circled squealing before me.

Bertie Wooster, the dove, was my practice partner. She watched from her cage beside me and made helpful comments throughout the form. If I could play a recording of her song on this blog it would sound something like this: bup butttadoo, bup buttadoo (sorry, that's the best I can do in terms of an aural representation). You need to be here.

The sky, stuffed to overflowing with clouds, was lit by street lights and a few glowing lights on a large ship across the bay. It's quiet. Barely a soul moving. On a day like today I can rest in the peace and quiet of the movements with no effort. Peace IS possible now.

No comments: