Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tingles and Swirls ...

We're in the midst of the first major snowstorm of the season. Snow, cold, 25-35 mile-per-hour winds, white-out conditions.

During today's noon practice I'm mindful of the snow whirling around me. My initial sink into Resting feels like I'm being pressed down into a huge, soft blanket of snow. My palms tingle with energy throughout the movements. I'm not sure whether the tingling is a residual effect from my snow shoveling several hours earlier. Or, might it come directly from the energy swirling around me? Even though I'm protected by the trees and the house in which I conduct my practice I still feel part of the circling, cycling powerhouse of energy that surrounds me.

Perhaps because I'm choosing to practice with greater intention and attention I'm becoming more aware of my own bodily energy as well as the energies of my surroundings. What do you feel when you practice in the middle of a snowstorm, thunderstorm, or lightning storm? What happens during your practice on a sunshiny, windy, or still day?

Your comments and stories of t'ai chi chih experiences are welcomed. My hope is that this blog will become a conversation between a rich variety of people with a wealth of experiences gained from our t'ai chi chih practices. I welcome your input....

No comments: