Friday, November 5, 2010

Holding an Intention

This morning I froze. Try as I might I just couldn't warm up. Granted, it was 20 degrees and ice covered the geese's water bucket and the rain barrel. Later this winter, of course, 20 degrees will feel balmy and unseasonably warm. I'm still caught in an adjustment period, though, and my body's fighting the downward trend in temperatures.

I had a strange sensation today that time was passing so slowly an entire year elapsed since yesterday. When I recalled that yesterday morning my TCC class met and talked about the election, it seemed as if that discussion occurred a lifetime ago.

Last night I attended the opening for the new art show, "Celebrating Diversity" at the Washburn Cultural Center followed by a concert at Stage North with singer/songwriter Sara Thomsen. Both events were wonderfully inspiring but today it's almost as if they, too, happened long ago.

Today's late afternoon TCC practice felt good after a long week of stiff, sore joints and aching knees. Following practice I sat in silence for five minutes. Interestingly, I discovered that when I sat without holding an intention my mind wandered relentlessly but as soon as I focused on "receiving" per Sr. Antonia and the other TCC teacher instructors, I felt an abundance of energy. I'm reminded, once again, of the old adage: Where attention goes energy flows.

No comments: