Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Resting in a World of White

Our yard is transformed into a beautiful wintry scene. I'd guess that we received approximately four inches of snow last night ... enough accumulation for the Town to send out road equipment early this morning to plow residents' driveways.

Heavy snow is draped over tree branches, vehicles, roofs and the brush pile, tent, and goose barn. And ... there's more predicted to arrive tomorrow. Silence and peace have fallen from the sky and landed on the Earth.

My morning TCC practice was absolutely wonderful. I practiced in the porch with windows on three sides in order to easily absorb the white stillness around me. Now as I sit at my computer and look out the office window I can see winds shaking the treetops and sending clumps of snow plummeting to the ground.

I felt an abundance of energy during my TCC practice. Again, I wonder, what is it about precipitation (rain or snow) that heightens the energetic connection? Theories, anyone?

Around 2:00 am Frances and I leave for the Twin Cities to catch our flight to a warmer, less snowy climate. Where and when I'll perform my T'ai Chi Chih practices and blogs remains uncertain. I'm guessing that an airport practice or two will be possible and practical. If I'm unable to publish my blog via the world wide web, I'll return to the snow-soaked forest next Wednesday (December 1) and restart the cybernet Chi.

No comments: