Saturday, November 20, 2010

Monkey Mind at Peace (Temporarily)

Suddenly we find ourselves launched into winter. It's 12 degrees; chilly and grey and splotched with patches of snow scattered across woods and lawn.

I took up residence in the kitchen both last night and this morning in an attempt to use up all our vegetables before we leave early Wednesday en route to the Twin Cities to catch a flight to Washington D.C. Moosewood Restaurant's Low-Fat Favorites provided me with an abundance of delicious recipes: Armenian Stew with Bulgar Pilaf, Ukrainian Beet and Bean Stew, and Savory Indian Sweet Potatoes for starters. I also oven-roasted root vegetables and steamed brocoli, cauliflower, and carrots.

When it came time for my TCC practice, I made my Wu-wei into the spare bedroom and watched the cat nap on the bed while I moved. After practice I sat quietly for 10 minutes as I soaked in the energy and dived into a deeper state of relaxation. So wonderful....

Frances came inside after sewing and repairing a tent that stores yard equipment and shared the rambling circular thoughts that crowded her mind while she worked. I'm grateful that, for the moment at least, I feel centered, relaxed, and at ease with myself and the world. And now darkness descends....

No comments: