Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Perfect Practice

I performed a partial TCC practice outside on the deck as the sun set tonight. Bayfield Pennisula residents forced ourselves to wallow through another 55 degree day today--perfect--and pink-tinged clouds floated across the early evening sky. It was quiet and beautiful though less dramatic than this morning's fuchsia neon sunrise.

I practiced, in part, to prep myself--body and mind--for my final T'ai Chi Chih class in Washburn this evening. Since our class met for six weeks rather than the normal eight the time slipped rapidly by.

For some reason it always feels hard to end a class session since each class member invests time, energy, and quietude in order to combine our movements and energies into one complete whole. Just as we're cycling into the groove, it seems, the class session ends and a week, a month, or several months later we start all over again.

My short practice on the deck felt like the perfect way to prepare for tonight's class. It was quiet except for the sound of a few cars driving by and the soft pad of cat paws through dried leaves on the forest floor.

I feel calm, relaxed, rested, and rejuvenated after last night's hit-the-wall experience. I look forward to joining my students this evening in one final super-quiet practice before we all go our separate ways until the dawn of 2011.

No comments: