Friday, September 14, 2012

A Peace-Filled Reward

"The best laid plans of mice and men ..."

I came home from work today expecting to launch into my T'ai Chi Chih practice. Instead, I ate a quick dinner with Frances and headed over to our garden to harvest veggies and decorative Jack pumpkins for tomorrow morning's Farmer's Market.

By the time we returned home I was in a low blood sugar that, once treated, left me conked out on the couch. After a half-hour nap I rose from the dead and began again. I tromped upstairs to practice TCC before I hit the bed. And ... I'm grateful I did.

I felt the energy moving during practice as well as my own energy building and regenerating. Yet again I was reminded that when I discipline myself to do my practice I'm always rewarded with peace and relaxation....

No comments: