Sunday, September 2, 2012

Chuckling While I Practice

Saturday, September 1, 2012:

It was a busy day what with shopping at the farmers' market and grocery store, making bread & butter pickles and creamy tomato soup, and shucking corn for tomorrow's processing.

I finally did a short T'ai Chi Chih practice after I crawled into bed. It was all in my head, of course, and like I said, it was s-h-o-r-.... (Snore.)

Sunday, September 2, 2012:

It's another fabulous late summer day and Frances and I are spending our Labor Day Weekend (what else?) laboring. After I cleaned up the kitchen following yesterday's food making and processing I did my T'ai Chi Chih practice outside on the deck.

The animals joined me because, although the sun is hot, the breeze is fall-cool. Midway through practice Chiripa flopped down in front of me and proceeded to play with a long piece of moss growing on a planter. It looked like a tail and she certainly treated it that way. She pulled on it hard enough to break it off the planter and then rolled and pawed and flipped it in the air.

I watched, chuckled, and kept moving through my practice. And, after I finished and felt more relaxed, I went inside to blog. When I checked emails first, I opened a note with an attachment featuring the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis showing films about cats exhibiting humorous, unusual, and cat-like behaviors.

After a few more chuckles, I'm back at it. Blanching and then cutting corn off the cob to freeze and then ... making a huge batch(es) of tomato sauce.

No comments: