Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Learning to Let Go....

Monday, September 10, 2012:

Today's T'ai Chi Chih practice had a totally different feel from yesterday's "day of rest" practice. By the time I made it out to the deck into warm sunshine and whispering breezes I'd already made three or four phone calls and was awaiting responses on several important pieces of business.

A nearby oak scattered its acorns onto the deck in a busy, repetitive pattern. And I felt that I was, indeed, back into the routine of a demanding high-paced work week.

Luckily my TCC practice did me good as I'm sure it did my library patrons good when I arrived at work after lunch. My 20 minutes of practice helped me to slow and quiet myself and brought my heart and soul back into balance.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012:

Frances and I received some disappointing news yesterday that is challenging me to reorient myself into a more positive, hopeful frame of mind. Last evening's conversation with one of my brothers helped. And, of course, this morning's TCC practice contributed to a whole new outlook on life.

That, I think, is one of the many benefits of TCC practice. It helps me to reframe, release, and return myself to a place of peace and comfort. A place where all happenings in my life teach me, guide me, and open me up to new ideas and information. My life offers constant lessons in learning to let go....

No comments: