Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Completion and Beginning Anew

Happy to begin another T'ai Chi Chih session tomorrow morning I finalized preparations this afternoon. It is such a gift to share the Chi with others; to move together in silence and unity. I treasure the moments spent in group practice because the energy feels potent, the atmosphere healing, the coordinated movements uplifting.

During this eight week session our class will complete our first full reading and discussion of the Tao Te Ching. We've spent several years working our way through this text by reading and comparing a variety of translations. To reach this point of completion, of course, only means that we can begin anew.

Our next exploration: Buddha's Brain. Now that I've read this text I see many parallels between the lessons learned from over 15 years of T'ai Chi Chih practice and an additional six years of T'ai Chi Ch'uan study, some on-again, off-again seated meditation practice, and other explorations in personal growth and spiritual journeying. There is always more to learn, digest, and integrate. And, for now, Buddha's Brain is the next step.

Today's TCC practice was just that: a solo practice. Time passed quickly, my body moved smoothly, and my nervous system slowed down and relaxed. Today I read about "no self" in Buddha's Brain and Earth Prayers but I'll leave that discussion for another time....

No comments: