Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Floating through Air

I woke to sub-zero temperatures and beautiful sunshine. When I looked out the patio door, sparkling glints of snow glided through the air in front of me.

Frances went outside first today. I asked her, "Is the wind stirring up snow already lying aground--it doesn't look that way--or is it, indeed, snowing?"

Her response: Oh, it's snowing. It's so cold that the humidity in the air freezes and falls to the ground as snow....

Brrr. I had a choice: Practice T'ai Chi Chih at the south end of the house where I could soak in the light and warmth of the sun while I moved or practice in a room on the north end of the house in the dark, cold, and quiet. Due to feelings of light deprivation I opted for light over silence.

I admired the beautiful, dainty, almost-invisible snow shower throughout my practice. The sparkles lifted my spirits and I floated gently through the air just like those miniature flakes. Practice flew by. Now I'm off to a busy, productive, full day of work.

No comments: