Sunday, March 6, 2011

Mid-Night T'ai Chi Chih Practice

Saturday, March 5, 2011 (early Sunday morn):

Well, it is 2:15 on Sunday morning but as far as I'm concerned it's still Saturday night. After a whirlwind day preparing for our party--and a highly successful party it was--I'm still riding the tide of energy and activity that carried me through this day.

I didn't get to my T'ai Chi Chih practice until an hour ago, long after my normal bedtime. And, though I was tempted to head for bed, I told myself that I could do at least 10 minutes of practice. Thirty minutes later I'd run through my complete form.

It felt tremendously refreshing to spend time really relaxing after an overly full day of more cleaning and more cooking (and more socializing than I've done in months). I'm thankful that I convinced Monkey Mind to postpone bedtime for an hour or two. (I imagine that the geese are also grateful I stayed awake because they hadn't been fed, watered, or locked into their barn due to our "distracting" guests.)

Morning is well on its way. It's time to sleep so that I may rise and resume today with another T'ai Chi Chih practice!

No comments: