Monday, April 9, 2012

Humbling ... and Glorious

Today I'm back to business as usual. So, too, with my T'ai Chi Chih practice.

I know that this moving meditation practice helps me with the day-to-day doings of my life and so, before I head out into public, I practice in private. Not that today's practice was all that private. I spied a robin just outside the bedroom window and another as it hopped along the driveway in search of brunch. The robin in the tree seemed to be sheltering itself from the chill wind and stayed close to its tree trunk.

Both robins were shockingly huge (obviously I'm used to smaller birds that winter here like black-capped chickadees). Those red breasts stood out like a beacon. Several days ago I heard a loon call and now today I'm inundated with red breasts (both sure signs of spring).

After my practice--which I moved through with more patience than yesterday--I sat to receive the energy that was activated. It felt humbling and glorious....

No comments: