Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hiking the Trail of Life

Sunday, April 29, 2012:

As expected, my newly diagnosed computer problems ("The computer is getting old, de-magnetizing, and could die any day" ...) have come to fruition. The computer froze twice when I tried to perform tasks on it and I was left to download Google Chrome on Frances's laptop. That explains why I posted blogs for Monday through Friday earlier today.

After my computer duties were done I walked outside into glorious sunshine for today's T'ai Chi Chih practice. I was blessed with quiet as I moved. The dog found a lounging spot in the shade underneath the deck where I stood. And, since Frances was occupied inside, I basked in the silent energy.

Immediately following my practice we joined a group of several dozen others to hike the Raspberry Trail through nearby county forest. I've never walked through the woods with so many other people hiking the trail in front of and behind me. It was a 70th birthday party for one of our neighbors who helped bushwhack and mark this trail through the forest about 15 years ago. (What a lovely way to celebrate!)

I felt incredibly peaceful and longed to connect with the woods so I simply walked along quietly as conversations bubbled up around me. As I continue to read Twelve by Twelve, I'm content to be myself and not worry as much about whether I'm popular or constantly engaged in conversation. Silence is fine with me.

No comments: