Monday, August 6, 2012

A Bit More Relaxed....

On this glorious morning I've been busy around the house, picking up, cleaning, and organizing. Again, I joined the dog and goose for a late-morning break: T'ai Chi Chih practice.

During practice I basked in the fabulous summer sunshine and watched the goose graze and the dog search for a cool napping spot beneath a huge fern. Unbelievably, I was even more distracted today during my practice than I was yesterday. Whether it was due to a low blood sugar prior to my start or the fact that my mind was surveying an extremely long list of daily duties, I'll never know.

Regardless of how ineffective I may think the TCC practice is, there is always this: the fact that I took time and space to breathe, slow down body and mind, circulate the energy, and be--at least momentarily--in the present. And, indeed, I do feel a bit more relaxed.

No comments: