Tuesday, August 28, 2012

On a Mission

Monday, August 27, 2012:

I did today's TCC practice on the deck and both the dog and goose left me to my own devices. Evidentally, it was too hot and sunny on the south side of the house for them to hang with me.

It felt good to move yet all through my practice I was well aware of the piles of vegetables waiting to be processed. The practice focused and centered me so much that when I arrived at work I immediately launched into work with barely a word to my co-workers.

I guess, with all this food to can, freeze, and ferment, I am on a mission....

Tuesday, August 28, 2012:

Two T'ai Chi Chih practices in one day! My first, a mental rehearsal while I lay in bed trying to sleep away a headache, was good preparation for the second that I did as soon as I rose from a horizontal position.

When I began my physical practice, I realized how helpful it was to start with a mental rehearsal because I was instantly in the flow and my movements felt easy and relaxed. I was reminded of studies demonstrating that athletes who practice their sport both physically and mentally show greater improvement in their performance than those who simply engage in physical practice.

The headache is still with me, but I'm functional enough to head for work.

No comments: