Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Perfect Weather Practice

Today is another in a long series of absolutely gorgeous, fantastic, not-to-be-believed summer days. Each day is a duplicate of the previous day: unlimited sun, cool breeze, quiet(er) surroundings (yes, we can tell that the summer tourist population is declining).

I practiced T'ai Chi Chih outside--of course!--with the dog and goose in attendance. Namaste chose to hide himself beneath the shade of a large fern while Lucy hovered nearby. As I moved on my stool a small green worm-like critter swung through the air on the finest of strands and began to catch me in its web. Since its appearance seemed harmless I felt the web against my skin and continued on.

It was probably around Daughter on the Mountaintop when I began to feel myself slow. And, by the end of practice, I'd actually taken more time to get through the form that usual. It felt so good to be enveloped in comfortable warmth and sunshine that I didn't want to stop.

Now I'm off to work and well-prepared (at the very least calmer and quieter than when I began practice) to meet, greet, and serve my patrons.

No comments: