Monday, August 2, 2010

Abundant TCC Practice

The smell of burning wood hit me when I walked out of the house this morning. It appears that a forest fire is raging somewhere (I've read about fires in western Canada but I'm unsure whether the smell and smoke would travel this far).

The morning sun was glorious but soon the sky was blanketed with clouds. Now it's 70ish and heavily humid. Tremendous rains fell last night and have threatened through most of the day.

Today's TCC practice flew by. I felt relaxed, at ease, and quietly calm. Next week I leave for this year's T'ai Chi Chih Teachers' Conference in Nebraska City, Nebraska. Our group of teachers will practice TCC twice daily with time in-between for refinements and corrections. I realized during today's practice that perhaps I could step up my practice to several times per day over the next week to ensure that I can handle the extra movement time with easy grace.

Today's reading in 365 Tao discussed "Abundance" (p. 214). It reminded me that my time at the TCC conference will be abundant with movement, Chi, conversation, connection, new learning, improved understanding of the form, plus practice, practice, practice ... and more practice.

Practice is the best way to pinpoint weaknesses in the movements, to discover more direct ways to stimulate the flow of Chi energy, and to understand and embody the movements on a deeper level. I'll welcome the opportunity to refine and refresh my T'ai Chi Chih form.

No comments: