Sunday, August 1, 2010

Awesome Silence

Frances, Namaste, and our guests drove to Little Sand Bay to see Lake Superior and plan for an evening fire ceremony. I stayed home to practice T'ai Chi Chih.

Ohhh. The silence. It is wonderful.

I'm enjoying our visit with friends immensely. Yet, when everyone's gone and I'm home alone with the geese and the kitten, I relish the silence.

Today's skies are clouded grey and rain seems imminent. Consequently the silence is even deeper than usual. No breeze. No birds. Just the sound of Chiripa's yawn as she stretches luxuriously on the deck nearby and the chip, chip, chip of a squirrel somewhere in the woods.

Practice felt incredibly relaxing and rejuvenating. And I'm basking in my alone time. The silence is awesome. The silence is ... silent.

No comments: