Saturday, August 28, 2010

Tomato Zucchini T'ai Chi Chihnini

It felt delicious to finish this hot, sweaty day with a TCC practice on the wind-cooled deck. All was still save for the buzz of a bee visiting a red-orange nasturtium; it sounded as though it was trapped deep inside the brightly colored blossom.

As I moved I noticed a few ripe-looking tomatoes on the vine and I vowed to pick them immediately after my practice ended. I also decided to walk down the driveway in search of Chiripa who hadn't returned from an earlier afternoon walk to the mailbox. Happily she emerged from under the deck directly after practice as I moved from tomato plant to tomato plant searching for newly ripened fruits.

After this morning's visit to the Farmer's Market (one of my favorite weekly outings) I spent most of the day in the kitchen cooking up entrees based on a tomato and zucchini theme: spaghetti sauce, chili, and Zucchini Linguini. Cooking brings me much joy and I always feel healthy and happy when I can use freshly harvested produce in my weekend cooking sprees.

The T'ai Chi Chih practice was a nice follow-up to a full afternoon of chopping, cutting, cooking, and standing. So much so, in fact, that I'll squeeze a short bike ride into my day before dusk falls.

No comments: