Saturday, March 17, 2012

An Energy Revival

Friday, March 16, 2012:

By this morning I was so tired I wondered how I would make it through an entire day of work at the library. I managed even though I also had a headache for most  of the afternoon.

When Frances picked me up at 5:00, she suggested that we attend the Catholic Church's Friday night fish fry. I declined. My mind was filled with longing for a quiet night at home. She dropped me at the door and returned to Bayfield to visit with neighbors and townspeople and eat fish.

I joined the animals outside--the weather was stunning--and practiced T'ai Chi Chih on the deck. Afterward, since Daylight Savings Time offers a longer, lighter evening, I walked down the driveway with Namaste, met Frances as she arrived home, and we both continued to walk as dusk fell.

I felt so much better and more energetic after the TCC and walk that I stayed up late to watch movies and thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the evening.

Saturday, March 17, 2012:

Another fabulous--actually too hot--day. By early afternoon the temperatures rose to 80. Frances and I ate all three meals outside on the deck (unheard of in this area of the state until two months or more from now).

An acquaintance and her two pre-teen kids stopped by and ate lunch with us. Then I was treated to an iPod demonstration with her son and fun conversation with both her children.

After a longer, hotter walk with Frances in late afternoon I returned to the deck for a T'ai Chi Chih session. It was desperately needed given recent events in town politics and, though my mind did not remain totally still and empty as I moved, I felt calmed, soothed, and uplifted.

Now I'm sitting out on the deck listening to wind chimes and watching clouds float above me. I admit: I'm suffering a huge dose of spring fever even though Spring Equinox is still four days away....

No comments: