Sunday, March 11, 2012

Shine

Saturday, March 10, 2012:

It was a spur of the moment kind of day. My boss called to ask whether I could come in to work an hour-and-a-half later (which I did). When I drove home at the end of the afternoon, I was overcome by the beautiful, warm, sunshine-filled day and asked Frances if she was interested in taking a walk (which we did).

After I returned home I immediately launched into carrying wood into the house, and, after discovering that my blood sugars were low, popped a pizza into the oven. My T'ai Chi Chih practice was spur of the moment too. I sat down for practice while the pizza baked. When it was done, I abandoned practice to eat dinner and elevate my blood sugar levels.

Practice was short but sweet.

Sunday, March 11, 2012:

Today was another fabulous day: blue skies, sun, sun, and more sun. Frances and I sat on the deck as we ate breakfast and drank coffee. All I wanted to do was soak in sunshine. And so, that's what I did.

Late in the afternoon I returned to the deck to do my T'ai Chi Chih practice. The sun, which had earlier disappeared, reappeared and soaked me in warmth. I couldn't believe that it was possible to be outside in a t-shirt on March 11th. Believe it or not, I was.

The 54 degree weather set snow into a major melt with drops falling off the roof. The woods had a thick layer of unmelted snow covering the ground, but the atmosphere felt like spring. Birds sang. The dog, cat, goose, and chicken wandered and played and pecked at the earth. And me? I went through the TCC motions and thoroughly enjoyed myself....

No comments: