Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Savoring the Moments

I taught two back-to-back classes in Washburn tonight. Whew. My knee certainly feels the effects of daily practice and my continued efforts to perform my practice correctly without cheating (i.e., full weight shift and stepping out with leg extended). I'm continuing to realize the extent to which I have unintentionally modified my practice to accommodate an injured knee.

Tonight was only the second class for my beginners. I'm continually amazed by how quickly new students flow into a practice that looks and feels smooth and peaceful. I saw some startling differences from Week 1 to Week 2.

It feels like a gift (to me, that is). And, I hope that it feels like a gift to my students as well. There are many subtleties to attend to as a beginning student but, regardless, when the class members allow themselves to relax into the movements, the music, and the moment, it feels like mmm ... magic.

Though I arrived home tired I also feel deeply--and incredibly--relaxed. What a joy! to move, to relax, and to savor some meditative moments....

No comments: