Monday, February 7, 2011

Releasing and Drawing In

Another 4-6" of snow made its way to Earth during the night as temperatures dropped. It's a winter wonderland yet again. Wind dances pine tree branches up and down while swirls and puffs of unseated snow scurry groundward.

I'm tired today. My cold/flu symptoms linger and it feels daunting to work six straight hours at the library at my usual high energy speed. During my morning T'ai Chi Chih practice I focused on letting go of exhaustion and pulling in energy ... and health. Then I sat in meditation and simply breathed. Thankfully, I do feel a bit better (and more relaxed).

I look forward to focusing on something else today besides my unending coughing fits. And I'll lower my expectations for myself this afternoon as I simply do what needs to be done.

It's deep snow quiet here in the woods. I wouldn't know that the Packers won the Super Bowl last night except for the fact that I checked internet news several times during the evening. I imagine that The Pack will be THE major focal point for conversation with library patrons today. (If I'm wrong, I'll let you know).

No comments: