Saturday, February 12, 2011

Warming Up, Letting Go

Overnight, warmer temps swept through the area. When I rose, it was 20 degrees. Late morning, during our drive to the dump to deliver trash and recycling, the car's temperature gauge read 30-something. And ... it felt glorious.

I practiced T'ai Chi Chih out on the porch. It was lovely to look out a wall of windows into snow-filled woods. And even though I tried to stay present to my practice instead of focusing on doing the movements, my body felt tired and sore and, by practice end, I just wanted to be done.

Today was challenging. I'm so ready to be over this illness. Instead my energy continues to dip as symptoms drag on. Patience, I remind myself, patience. But, no, I'm impatient and discouraged. I want to move on with my life and work on projects that require my energy and attention. Maybe iI's time for me to practice letting go....

No comments: