Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Returning to the Circle

I spent the day prepping for my two new T'ai Chi Chih sessions, finalizing preparations for our first class discussion on Buddha's Brain for tomorrow morning's TCC class, and then actually teaching two class sessions this evening. I'm tired ... and energized from all that group Chi!

Although it's been three months since our last continuing class met, students moved into the flow quickly and easily during our practice. It felt amazingly good. I know I've said it before but I'll say it again: There is nothing like a circle T'ai Chi Chih practice to refresh and revitalize the body/mind and soul!

It's amazingly sunny and warm ... 50 degrees when I headed to class at 4:30 this afternoon. Memories of spring are echoing through my psyche. The warm temps won't last but they're certainly a nice respite from the cold and gloom of mid-winter.

My early morning concerns about whether my knee could hold out for two back-to-back TCC classes were all for naught. My knee feels better now than it did this AM which makes me wonder: Should I reposition the dog--and cat--in bed to allow me more room to move and turn? Perhaps my solution is as simple as that.

After a brief phone call with my co-conspirator on Buddha's Brain after I returned home this evening, we're both ready and eager to begin presenting and discussing the book tomorrow morning. What a wonderful opportunity to gain a deeper, more in-depth understanding of mind-brain interactions and the power of meditative and relaxation practices to inspire better health, deeper relaxation, and greater happiness.

Yeah. I was ready to stop teaching T'ai Chi Chih just days ago. Now, thankfully, I'm rejuvenated and re-inspired.

No comments: