Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Very Good Thing

Yep. I continue to be in a bit of a funk.

I changed the black ink cartridge in our printer last week and ever since then my copies are difficult to read. Each page now emerges partly dark and partly light; portions of words and lines are missing with occasional sentences that look just right. That description reminds me of myself and my current state of mind (I can't know how I appear to others).

I spent most of today reading and relaxing. It felt good to simply be. I continued that modus operandi during my T'ai Chi Chih practice. I watched my reflection move in the dark window glass and marveled at how relaxed and at ease I appeared.

And so, to a certain extent, I am. I'm also anxious to feel better, accomplish more, and move on with my life. But--during my practice anyway--all was well. Thirty minutes of peace per day. I am grateful. When I describe my TCC practice in this way, it seems like a very good thing.

No comments: