Monday, September 26, 2011

Ahh, Fall

Today was one of those perfect fall mornings: sunny and slightly crisp.

First Frances and I took a bike ride in the gathering warmth. Then I stepped onto the deck to practice T'ai Chi Chih. It was glorious!

I stood in the center of a large spot of sunshine with the shadowy woods before me. While I practiced I was visited first, by Namaste, and later, by Lucy. They calmly and quietly watched me move as they, too, enjoyed the brilliant sunshine. I felt my heart slow, my breath deepen, and my mind clear as I moved through the familiar motions.

After practice I flew into the bathtub and then off to work. Still, those precious minutes of TCC practice in the gorgeous fall weather made all the difference. By the end of the day a Nor'easter blew in and I was thankful that I took the time to bike and meditate outside in today's beauteous warmth....

No comments: