Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Bird's Eye View

I'm finally beginning to realize that I have the flu or something.... I barely slept last night. My body ached so badly during the night that I finally rose around 4:00 a.m. to take aspirin. Then, and finally then, I fell into a deep, restful sleep.

And sleep I did. I rose around 9:30 a.m., ate a small breakfast, took more aspirin, and went back to bed. When I arose at 2:00 p.m., my bodily aches and pains had abated but my stomach was in an uproar. Yes, okay, these feelings aren't all in my head after all.

By late afternoon I felt a wee bit better. At least better enough to do my T'ai Chi Chih practice. I moved out to the porch and practiced as I watched the goose graze and wander the yard. Again, it felt good to move and breathe. By practice end Lucy stood directly in front of me. She tilted her head sideways to get a bird's eye view of my doings.

Yes! Another half-hour of self care and self-healing. I feel better and am hopeful that tonight's sleep will be restful and healing....

No comments: