Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Bedtime Story

It's been a long day filled with constant projects, questions, and demands. I came home from the library exhausted and ready to crash but first I needed to feed animals and then myself.

After dinner I felt extremely tired. I made myself a cup of Stress Relief Yogi tea, flopped myself in a comfy chair, and opened a book. Some time later I felt capable of beginning a T'ai Chi Chih practice (seated, not standing).

Thankfully I'm committed to following through on a daily TCC practice and blog. Otherwise I know that I would have easily allowed Monkey Mind to convince me that I was too tired to practice. I did feel too tired to practice. And ... I did it anyway.

Soon enough I felt the energy (chi) flow and my muscles (physical and mental) released their tension. Now that I'm even more relaxed I'm ready for bed and ... there's no stopping me.

No comments: