Friday, September 9, 2011

Homemade. Homegrown. Home practice.

Due to warm, rain-free weather yesterday Frances and I decided to caulk and paint the house. We started on the sun-faded, weather-beaten south side and--already!--it looks beautiful.

I waited until after dark today to practice T'ai Chi Chih since every moment of light is precious this time of year as we winterize, winterize, winterize. It was a split practice due to a very late dinner of homemade spaghetti sauce made with homegrown tomatoes.

I did the first half of practice while the pasta noodles boiled. After dinner and cleanup I resumed my practice (I didn't wait for two hours after eating to practice since I also wished to get to bed at a reasonable hour which, by the way, is drawing nigh).

Both partial practices felt good to--and for--body and soul. I've regained my energy after our out-of-town travels and I'm raring to go. Which is a good thing. Tomorrow? More painting....

No comments: