Friday, September 2, 2011

With Every Step

I didn't sleep well last night (that's usually not a problem for me as I'm typically a deep and instant sleeper). After a difficult evening conversation with friends I slipped into persistent, unidentifiable feelings of anxiety. Of course, it would have helped to do several T'ai Chi Chih movements but I was tired and the obvious solution didn't enter my mind.

Instead I read and napped, read and napped. As a result I didn't get enough rest last night and I find myself moving slowly through this day.

This morning's T'ai Chi Chih practice offered respite and balance. It allowed me to reacquaint myself with the realm of stillness. Still, I'm giving myself lots of permission to move slowly and quietly through my day before we meet with another group of friends this evening.

I'm unsure whether I'll have access to a computer over the next few days of wedding prep and celebration. This may well be my final entry until I return to the forest.... And, yes, I'll be doing a daily T'ai Chi Chih practice on every step of this journey.

No comments: