Thursday, September 22, 2011

Feeling Better

For the first time this week I feel more "normal" (whatever that is!).

I actually ate three meals today (for first time since last Sunday). And now that I feel better I realize that I was, indeed, ill. And, yes, it was not a figment of my imagination that I ached all over, slept for hours (night and day), and barely managed to eat.

Tonight I practiced T'ai Chi Chih after I spent much of the afternoon in the kitchen cooking up the remnants of our garden tomatoes (tomato soup and spaghetti sauce to toss in the freezer). Plus I made pesto.

My TCC practice was a mixture of movements from the beginning of the form interwoven with movements from the end of the form. I realized as I began to move that I've felt so tired and low lately that my only goal was to get through the form and complete my practice. Tonight when I skipped from beginning to end to beginning again, I couldn't really keep track of where I was in my practice and so ... the practice didn't feel so onerous.

Naturally it helps to feel better physically. Which helps me to feel better mentally. And that allows me to remain present in my practice and enjoy it more. All in all ... I'm feeling better.

No comments: