Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday in Rural America

My Black Friday consisted of a trip to the vet with Namaste and some errands and grocery shopping at the food coop and our local IGA. Our day was so much calmer and quieter than the stories I read on the internet about shoppers who were pepper-sprayed as well as robbed of their new purchases when they left the store. I am so grateful that I live in the middle of the woods!

Frances and I did some more clearing of branches along our driveway until I felt so tired that I thought I had to be in an insulin reaction (I was). I walked back up the drive, treated my reaction with a banana and some apple juice, and launched into my T'ai Chi Chih practice.

Although I felt tired and lazy after my busy day and the low blood sugar the TCC was soothing and relaxing. Now I'm ready to eat some Thanksgiving leftovers and devote the rest of the evening to total relaxation....

No comments: