Sunday, November 27, 2011

I am Grateful

The T'ai Chi Chih Facebook entry for Friday, Nov. 25, 2011 reads: Every morning get up and say three times: "I am grateful. I give thanks."

Zen writer Paul Reps gave this suggestion to his good friend, Justin Stone (the creator of T'ai Chi Chih Joy Thru Movement). Just 15 seconds a day is said to be the recipe to ensure happiness. It seems simple enough and I'm guessing that it puts your head and your heart in just the right place to start your day. I'm planning to try it just to see what happens.

After resting yesterday I felt so much better and more energetic today! I was up at 5:30 am and immediately launched into a variety of projects. I had enough energy, in fact, to finish my editing project, haul firewood, and make Curried Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk. Mmmm.

Early this evening I returned to my T'ai Chi Chih practice. It felt lovely to get into and then go with the flow. I am grateful for my T'ai Chi Chih practice. I give thanks for the uplifting role it plays in my life.

No comments: