Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Slow ... Slower ... Slowest

By the time I did my T'ai Chi Chih practice this evening after work I'd been moving at high speed all day. First, I worked on my editing project and then I spent an hour hauling firewood. When I arrived at work, I was occupied with people and projects throughout the remainder of the day.

Immediately after I closed the library doors for the night I began my TCC practice. I positioned myself between the 'New Books' display and the DVDs. Ohh, I was moving fast. It took me a considerable amount of time to allow myself to go slow ... , slower ... , and slowest. And it didn't come easy.

First, I released my body from its speeded-up "I'm at work" mode, then I allowed my mind to decelerate into the present moment as I let go of any agenda or list of 'to dos' for the rest of the day. Finally, after a full half-hour of moving meditation I mellowed out.

Now I'm waiting for Frances to pick me up after the town meeting she's attending. Hmmm. Maybe, just maybe I'll try one of the new Kindles the library purchased and see whether I can figure out how to use it. Or ... I could actually sit on the couch and read a magazine....

No comments: