Wednesday, November 2, 2011

S-l-o-w and Quiet Movements

This evening's T'ai Chi Chih class came as a welcome finish to a crammed, filled-to-the-brim day. I was so tired at work this afternoon I wondered how I'd have the energy to teach.

But, as many T'ai Chi Chih teachers know, I felt even better after class than when I began. And, when I looked around our practice circle, it appeared that there were a number of students who needed a refresher as much as I did. We moved s-l-o-w-l-y and quietly and I could see the tension slide off bodies and minds until it looked as if we could all just lie down on the floor and go to sleep.

Oh, it felt so good to move in unison with others who appreciate and notice the difference a T'ai Chi Chih practice can make in one's day. Of course, that doesn't mean that I'm totally refreshed and energized since I didn't get enough sleep last night. But it does mean that I'm much less tense and up tight than I was earlier today. And that, my friends, can make all the difference.

No comments: