Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Project T'ai Chi Chih Practice

Whew, it's been a long day. Nonstop. It started when I began to bake Four Grain Muffins at 6:30 this morning and ended when I carried five boxes of books downstairs to a storage room at the library at 7:15 this evening.

I was so tired at the end of my work day that I could barely get myself out the door and back home again. Luckily, after I arrived home and changed my shoes, I began my T'ai Chi Chih practice. Almost immediately I felt myself loosening up. It felt as if I was shedding layers of tension and, as I moved slowly and quietly, the layers peeled off my body and dropped to the ground. I'm still tired, mind you, but I feel lighter, calmer, and more relaxed.

Now I plan to reward myself for getting through this busy day: I'll sit on the couch with a bowl of popcorn and watch several segments of Project Runway (Frances's and my latest passion; it's a reality TV show about fashion designers).

No comments: