Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thoughts at Rest

And so, the light returns with each passing day. I called a friend early this morning to wish her Happy Birthday and asked how she felt sharing the day with Winter Solstice. She replied, "It makes me happy. It feels spiritual and I like knowing that my birthday is associated with the coming of the light."

I spent today's light working through my editing project. Finally, in early evening I stopped my project and walked upstairs to do my T'ai Chi Chih practice. I'd spent the afternoon working in a north-facing room that's colder than the rest of the house and I felt like I was past-due for a warm up. It was warmer upstairs but not necessarily quieter since Frances was seated in the living room below watching a fast-paced action-adventure movie.

No problem. I simply turned my back to the living room and carried on with my practice. Yes, the background music was loud and the sound effects were intense but, no matter, I focused my attention on the slow, relaxed movements of the form and placed my intention on being present in the moment. For the most part, I was relatively successful.

The TCC practice evidentally worked its magic. I currently feel so at ease that I can barely write. Rather than wrack my brain any longer, I'll put my thoughts to rest....

No comments: