Saturday, December 17, 2011

Total Relaxation

I stayed home today the whole darn day. What a treat! I didn't need to make myself look presentable, I didn't have to get in the car, and I didn't make conversation with anyone other than Frances. It was truly a day of rest. And, I admit, I spent a number of hours blissfully tucked between the pages of a book.

By late afternoon I'd had enough time to rest and I slipped into my T'ai Chi Chih practice. I didn't follow the traditional format and structure of TCC practice at all. I merely allowed myself to flow into whatever movement felt right at that moment. And, perhaps because I felt so relaxed after a day of rest, I moved slowly and effortlessly.

It was wonderful to be surprised by the mixed-up order of movements and, unlike other practices when I've deviated from the form, I felt steady, stable, and undeterred by the unknown. What movement came next? Whatever movement felt 'right.' Was I missing something? Did it matter?

Ahhh. Now that truly felt like total relaxation....

No comments: