Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Greatest Gift of All

I saw five turkeys grazing along the highway as I drove to my morning TCC class today. They scurried away from the roadway as I passed. Still, I felt like I'd received a wonderful gift to be able to glimpse their unique beauty as I went flying by.

Class was another wonderful gift ... glorious peace and quiet for almost 45 minutes. During our discussion of the Tao one student mentioned that he almost turned around and drove back home as he was en route to class. Phone calls and pressing business demands were driving him to distraction and he felt as if he should return home to attend to his business. Then he reminded himself that what he most needed was to take some time to calm and quiet himself. By the end of classtime he seemed happy that he'd made that choice.

Another student commented that the value of TCC practice is the way in which it allows you to let concerns, distractions, and mental upsets simply drain away. Your world view changes--magically--when you allow yourself to take the time to slow down, relax, release, and let go.

This is my current goal: To accept the circumstances, people, and events that come my way and not allow myself to get stressed out or upset when my plans and priorities don't proceed as planned. To live my life in a constant state of flow as if everything I do is an extension of my T'ai Chi Chih practice. Now that, my friends, is the greatest gift of all.

No comments: