Saturday, October 30, 2010

Moving Toward the Middle

The sun came back into view today and, as it sinks below the horizon, the northwest skies are light and bright. Frances and I took a late afternoon walk after hand picking more shattered glass off the driveway from her "treed" Crown Vic.

My late afternoon TCC practice consisted of starting with one movement from the beginning of the form followed by one movement from the end of the form. I continued to alternate back and forth: Bird Flaps Its Wings to Joyous Breath, Around the Platter to Light at the Top of the Head/Temples, etc. At some point I realized that I was working toward the middle and thought, I wish that our political system could manage to do something like this.

My thoughts may have been inspired by today's news about Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert's Rally to Restore Sanity on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. This rally follows conservative Glenn Beck's Restoring Honor rally held in August. I wonder, though, whether both rallies served to restore nothing other than a continuing sense of polarized thoughts and ideas about our nation's future and what to do about it.

Mid-term elections are Tuesday. And so it goes....

No comments: