Saturday, June 25, 2011

In Train-ing

T'ai Chi Chih practice occurred long, long ago (about 12 hours). By the time evening arrived I almost forgot that I did my practice today!

It was early (and quiet). The only sounds I heard were the buzzing of insects. The only motions I sensed were insects hovering around my head. The only touch I felt were flies and mosquitoes landing on my skin and biting me. (At the moment I have two beautiful matching swollen spots on each side of my forehead at eyebrow level.)

I admit. It was hard to keep my attention focused and centered unless you call swatting and waving away biting insects the ultimate proof of me being present in the moment....

The sunshine disappeared for large portions of the day though the temperature remained fairly warm. I spent the afternoon cooking after I purchased a variety of items at the farmer's market this morning.

And now the day slows and quiets itself once again. Chug-chug-chug. Chug. Chug. Chug. Whoo. Whoo. I'm pulling into the station and my travels are done for another day.

No comments: