Monday, January 16, 2012

All Good

Frances was stressed out this morning due to her planned soup-movie-discussion event scheduled for this evening at Wild by Nature in downtown Bayfield. Consequently, I was the one who did a T'ai Chi Chih practice. I'm highly sensitive to other people's emotions and energies and so, one way I've found to cope with that ultra-sensitivity is to use my TCC practice as a calming/centering tool for myself.

Yes, Frances would have likely benefited from a TCC practice herself, but she uses other ways to focus and center. And, in a situation like this morning, I've come to realize that high stress levels actually help to motivate and activate Frances's organize and do mode.

My practice was just what I needed to calm myself even though I realized that I was continuing to travel down a high-speed highway. Still, these minutes of practice will help to get me through my busy workday. And that's all good.

No comments: