Friday, January 20, 2012

Beauty Everywhere (even on the coldest of days)

The cold continued today under a bright blue sky. I occupied myself indoors until late afternoon when I ventured out to carry in firewood and sprinkle full cans of ashes onto the pure white snow. The temps hovered slightly above zero when I emerged into the stimulating clean, clear air. It was a refreshing interlude in my intensive-effort-to-keep-warm day.

I practiced T'ai Chi Chih with new music I received in today's mail delivery: Marina Raye's Beauty Everywhere. Raye plays native flutes to accompany the sound of ocean waves and the songs of Humpback Whales. It's a slow and delightfully relaxing CD.

I found my mind wandering throughout this afternoon's TCC practice. I think it's a case of too much to do, too little time.

Still, I listened to a public radio show (Science Friday) earlier in the day that highlighted the importance of mindfulness and its ability to improve focus and productivity. And so it goes.... I continue on with my practice day after day; some days I feel focused and others days I'm scattered. And there are other days when I'm simply swinging in the trees with all the other Monkey Minds.

No comments: