Thursday, January 19, 2012

Serendipity

I cancelled my morning T'ai Chi Chih class after two students called in sick (two others are currently out of town and the other two and myself would have driven in 25 degree below windchill to hold our class session).

Unfortunately, one of my students didn't get the cancellation message until he arrived at the class location. When he returned my calls, I asked him to come to my house for a joint T'ai Chi Chih practice. And so, a potentially disappointing outcome transformed into a wonderful combination practice/getting-to-know-you-better session.

The two of us practiced along with Justin Stone's DVD teacher practice and then sat for a conversation that lasted well over three hours (I had no idea!). What a delightful way to spend a too-cold day!

And now, it's time to focus on feeding two wood stoves in order to make it through a too-cold night....

No comments: