Monday, June 18, 2012

Every Little Bit Helps

It's another dark and rainy day.... During a few dripless moments I sat outside on the front step with Lucy and did my T'ai Chi Chih practice.

It felt good to notice the energy (Chi) in various parts of my body: my hands, feet, and chest. I felt as if I desperately needed an energy charge. I'm overwhelmed by life right now and it's difficult to keep pace with Frances and/or, for that matter, decide which path to follow (there are an overabundance of options!).

Lucy slept during the first half of my practice and then rose and stood directly in front of me. It was nice to have concentrated attention placed on me as I moved ... there was a definite connection between us (which, I hope, benefited us both).

Post-practice I feel calmer, but I realize that I have to slow and relax my bodymind even further since anxiety is nipping at my heels. (I can't run fast enough to evade it, and I might just as well stop and stare it straight in the face!) Before I leave for work I'll spend a few minutes giving myself Reiki and perhaps a few minutes of seated meditation as well. Every little bit helps....

No comments: